Tuesday 13 June 2017

It's a new world.

As the old chapter closes a new one begins and with that comes a new era of Victorian pictures. 
So far I've started out photographing the people who were there in the very beginning, trying to create a perspective on time passing, but I wont end it there. In the past I was so focused on it looking authentic, to achieve that serious and passive look that was all the rage in the olden days, that I lost some of what had lured me in in the first place. The human aspect of it all. How, despite being a hundred years apart, we are all people with lives and thoughts and feelings. I want to bring some of that back now. I want to create odd pictures. Pictures that communicate silently. 
A while ago I found a book about the works of Toulouse Lautrec. I've always liked his style but in there is something specific.. Aside from the music hall paintings and those of known people of the day he also did a few of his paintings while living inside a brothel. They may not be photographs, but they could be ground for some very interesting inspirations.. 


A little later some one gave me a book of Toulouse Lautrec posters to put on my walls and it has now affected me so much that I've dyed my hair ginger, the most popular hair colour in the paintings. So to the sounds of Erik Satie..It is so on..!
Welcome to the new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment