Wednesday 14 June 2017

"Divorced, beheaded and died.."

 


In a little over a week my son is having a Historical class trip back to Tudor times (16th century) so I'm now hand-stitching until my fingers bleed,as you do, for the most authentic looking costume of all. I'm making the shirt first. I made it out of an oversized pillowcase from a charity shop and it's supposed to be a peasants costume so there are really not much details, just plain white with strings to tie at the neck and the wrists. I couldn't resist making a simple ruff collar though, it just looks so much more Tudor. I've made it according to a pattern of a Tudor shirt and sewn the seems that show by hand. As a last thing I will dye it with tea to make it a darker more worn in shade but for now I will let my fingers rest. 
Good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment