Thursday 2 November 2017

All Hallows Eve

Step right up! Mini exhibition at number 71!

*Imagine, if you will, a tiny little man with a large moustache presenting a sideshow with just a cone for a megaphone.*

It took me a very long time to figure out what my first little exhibition was going to be about. I only knew I wanted it to be for Halloween because, despite the turbulence of the past two years Halloween is still my favourite English holiday. I like the dressing up, the pagan superstitions, the gothic darkness..the idea that the veil between the living and the dead is thinner and maybe, just maybe... 
In the end it was obvious. The reason I take my Victorian Pictures is to try to reach through to a different world, make the veil transparent between our past and present. So here they are. Some of my favourite photos. Of both the living and the dead.




'As we are now they once were. As they are now we one day will be.'

And if you feel slightly terrified by that thought, let me off set that with lines from pop songs written on strips of paper.

Happy Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment